Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

Assignment 2: The Writing Competition Directory

For this assignment, the task was to create a case report suitable to present to industry professionals. I decided to create an online database for writing competitions; I named it The Writing Competition Directory. There are so many writing competitions, however, it is hard to find out about them as the information is scattered across the web. Therefore, I decided to create a site which would be the go-to place for writers who wanted to enter competitions therefore filling the void in the market. At first, I had big ambitions to make the directory global, such as IMDB, however, after presenting my thoughts to the class, I realised that realistically, I would have to begin by compiling only UK sources and if the company could be sustainable then think about the international market. The Writing Competition Directory will not only hold the information about the competitions, but also provide hints and tips to writers and for an extra fee actually submit to the competitions, as a reliable source. Again, if the company proved to be sustainable, I would then think about employing editors as a further service to customers. The company is an online business and there will also be an app and will offer different levels of service dependent on how much the customer invests in the company. I believe that this business could be a success as there is nothing like it on the market at the moment, there are more and more people deciding to become authors, and also I believe that both the competition company's and publishers would be supportive of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment