Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Innovation: Newspaper App's



Mondays session I gave a presentation outlining the innovation of newspaper apps and their impact in combating the widely speculated death of the newspaper industry.










In my presentation I explained how the newspaper industry had suffered with the advent of the internet, mobile phone technology, 24hr news channels and a failure to change their business models from being primarily based upon advertising revenue. I continued by explaining how the use of newspaper Apps has allowed the industry to challenge the image of purveying yesterdays news and had could be used to regain lost customers who preferred a digital output. Under the future technology I speculated on a metamorphic aspect to app technology, even if future versions do not copy the original, the one button aspect of Apps and the development of real time news are certainly aspects that will always remain and will hopefully bring about a continuation of the product. One question I was asked at the end of the presentation focused on the end to the print medium, to which i replied that I believe that the newspaper and print industry could become a luxury item however innovation and adaption to a greater desirability are necessary for this to succeed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment